One of the most trusted and reliable flea and tick defense systems, Frontline Plus shows magic when applied monthly. If it is regularly used, your pet will be 100% protected from adult fleas-including flea eggs and larvae. In less than 24 hours, it kills all the adult fleas, while the most stubborn among the ticks such as deer tick, which causes lyme disease are killed within 24 hours.
Benefits of Using Frontline Plus
- A single application is required for 30 days protection from fleas and ticks
- It can be applied in seconds
- Within 24 hours after drying, you can bathe your pet or you can let them swim and they will still be 100% protected from fleas and ticks
- It is safe for puppies, 8 weeks or older
- Apply full contents of Frontline Plus on the skin between your pet’s shoulder blades. For this you need to part the hair and apply it directly to the skin.
- Four different application doses are available for four different weight categories of dogs. The four different weight categories are: Up to 22 lbs., 23-44 lbs., 45-88 lbs. and 89-132 lbs.
- Content of Frontline flea and tick repelent comes in 3 or 6 dose package. A packet of 12 months or 12 dose Frontline packages mean two 6 month packs
How Frontline Plus Works
Fipronil is an active ingredient of Frontline and it collects in the oils from the pet’s skin and hair follicles and is released up to 30 days from the hair follicles onto the skin and hair for complete protection. Another active ingredient in Frontline Plus is S-methoprene that kills the flea eggs and larvae life cycle. It also prevents re-infestation of fleas and keeps your pet flea free for maximum 30 days with each application.
Almost every dog gets affected by worms at least once in their lifetime if proper care is not taken. And often it takes a long time to understand that a dog is affected by worms. However, as a dog owner if you remain a bit vigilant and take help of proper dewormer, you can save your dearest canine friend from these life blood sucking parasites.
Safe-Guard Dewormer is one of these frequently used dewormers which contains 22.2% non-prescription fenbendazole, an FDA-approved wormer for dogs. It is the same active ingredient used in the prescription canine dewormers. It eliminates hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and Taenia tapeworms and can be given to your dog on your own. During each treatment wormer needs to be given once a day for 3 consecutive days according to the specified weight. One packet contains 3 packets sufficient for 3 daily treatments. You need to combine doses for dogs up to 30 lbs or more than 40 lbs. This easy to use wormer can be mixed with food. It is safe for puppies 6 weeks of age or older and pregnant dogs.
Before you give the granules to your dogs, you should weigh your dog so that you do not fail to use the right size and number of packets. If your dog weighs in between the suggested dosing sizes, it is better to use the next higher size. For example, if your dog weighs 11 pound, it should be treated with the 2 gm packet.
You can order a few packets of safe guard deowormer from Lamberts Vet Supply, a trusted name amongst the pet lovers in the USA. This online pet store sells an extensive range of pet products at a value price. Before you order your products do not forget to check out the offers.
One of the most recommended flea and tick fighter Frontline Plus is claimed to be a complete defense system of your dogs. Its regular monthly application keeps your dog 100% protected from adult fleas along with flea eggs and larvae within 24 hours of administration. Stubborn ticks such as deer ticks, which can cause Lyme disease are killed within 24 hours. Sometimes, on application of Frontline Plus your dog may show signs of irritation which should be temporary. However, if the irritation continues for too long, you are advised to contact your vet immediately. Also, you should never apply Frontline Plus for dogs on cats.
Benefits of Frontline Plus
- For 30 days of protection from fleas and ticks only one application is required.
- Frontline Plus can be administered in seconds
- No prescription is required as it can be availed over-the-counter
- It’s waterproof, so your pet can swim and bath and still remain 100% protected from fleas and ticks
- It is safe for puppies and kittens 8 weeks and older
How Frontline Plus works
Fipronil is an active ingredient of Frontline Plus that collects in the oils of the skin of your pet and hair follicles. It is continuously released for up to 30 days from the hair follicles onto the skin and hair for complete protection.
Another active ingredient of Frontline Plus is S-Methoprene that kills flea eggs and larvae life cycle and prevents re-infestation and keep your pet flea free for 30 days with each application.
Lambert Vet Supply sells a host of flea and tick preventives in reasonable price with attractive discounts. Almost all the products of Frontline for Dogs are safe and tested on on dogs. If you are administering them on your ailing dogs or a pregnant bitch, it’s better to consult your vet in advance.
If your ailing human beloved is suffering from the slightest of pain, you reach out to them at the earliest, to make sure, they are not left alone. It happens more, because they can communicate. But, if a canine friend of you is suffering from pains, it takes time to even understand that they are suffering from pain. One of such pains occurred in your dog’s is joint pain. It happens mostly in the ageing dogs due to arthritis.
To relieve them from this unbearable pain, you can get them Phycox, a joint supplement to help reduce joint inflammation and discomfort occurred due to normal daily activity. Each formulation of Phycox contains a patented formula which offers joint support and relief from stress. Phycox is the only formula that has a natural source of phycocyanin extracted from blue-green algae to which is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It is clinically proven that phycocyanin is able to to inhibit COX-2, an enzyme that causes inflammation. All the formulations of Phycox are made in the USA and can be given the adult and senior dogs. Dogs of medium, large and giant breed can consume its formulations.
Other benefits of Phycox
- It supplies the benefits Phycox in a delicious, easy to administer soft chews
- In a single daily dose it provides preventive care and relieves the symptoms of joint discomfort
- More effective and fewer side effects than other joint supplements available with similar ingredients
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. If the inflammation increases, you are advised to discontinue use and consult your veterinarian. You should administer during or after your pet has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.
Lambert Vet Supply sells all the formulations of Phycox for dogs. Before you order your medicine, do not forget to consult your vet.
Just like we humans, pets can also suffer from various acute digestive disorders. To prevent any mishap, you need to act quickly. Let us have a look at the causes, symptoms and treatments available for digestive disturbances in pets.
Common causes of digestive disorders in pets
- The very first reason behind digestive disorders is considered to be the dietary indiscretion. It happens when your pet has something it should not have. Garbage, table scraps, feces are some of the common miscreants in this case.
- When your pet gets exposure to feces from an infected dog, viruses such as parvovirus or coronavirus can attack your pet.
- Different types of bacteria such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Clostridia, E. coli can be contacted via food poisoning and eventually may pass from animal to human as well.
- In case your pet consumes the stool of an infected pet, it may end up having some parasites and worms.
- Sometimes pancreatitis is caused by inflamed digestive gland, by consuming highly fatty meal or by medications.
Common signs of digestive Disorders in dogs and cats
Fortunately the signs of digestive disorders can be easily recognized. The simplest sign of digestive disorder include diarrhea and vomiting. In some cases pets start losing appetite, or may face abdominal bloating or colitis. Constipation is another sign of this gastrointestinal disease.
What are the common treatment options
If you think the situation is worsening, you should immediately consult your vet on how to treat the signs. In that case your vet may suggest some of the following things to practice:
- To keep your pet hydrated, you are required to supply plenty of fresh water.
- For three to five days, you can offer a therapeutic pet food which can be easily obtained from any online pet store.
- Depending on the condition of your pet’s health, your vet may prescribe some probiotic such as Proviable for dogs. It helps to establish a healthy digestive system for pets with diarrhea. Proviable for cats contain live beneficial microorganisms which are able to restore the intestinal microfloral balance.
- If your pet starts vomiting all of a sudden, you should consult your vet immediately.
How seriously you take the regular diseases of your pet dog – Lightly or very seriously? If you are in the front league, then you must know the fact that the symptoms such as heavy breathing, high fever or diarrhea of your dearest canine can be the sign of some of the fatal diseases such as Canine Distemper.
What is Canine Distemper
It is a contagious disease with no cure known till date. The viral disease affects dogs and various species of wildlife including foxes, skunks and wolves. Not only the dogs, ferret, the most common house pet can also get affected by this virus. This virus is relative to the same group of virus that causes measles in humans. The unvaccinated young puppies and older dogs with weak immune system are prone to this serious viral illness.
Symptoms of Distemper in dogs
The virus spreads through air and direct or indirect contact with an infected animal. It attacks the tonsils of a dog and lymph nodes and replicates itself for a week. Gradually it attacks urogenital, respiratory, gastrointestinal and nervous system. Initially after the infection occurred the dogs starts suffering from high fever, red eyes and a watery discharge from the nose and eyes. Gradually, the infected dog starts feeling lethargic and becomes anorexic. In severe cases, the dog might start coughing, vomiting or even diarrhea might occur. In the worst cases, the virus may affect brain and spinal cord and it may start having attacks of hysteria or paralysis.
Sadly, there is no cure available for this disease. So, vets mostly prescribe medicines to alleviate the symptoms. It your dog has become anorexic or has been affected by diarrhea, then the vet might prescribe intravenous supportive fluids. The chance of a dog to survive Canine Distemper depends on the strain of virus and the strength of its immune system. To save your dog from this fatal disease, vets advice for the administration of Nobivac vaccines. It is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy dogs.
Watching your furry pal plagued with teaks and fleas and itching continuously can be really painful. These parasites can trouble your dog real bad, pose serious health hazards and can also make the pets dirty. And that is the reason why dogs need routine protection against ticks and fleas. One of the most popular flea treatment products for dogs is Frontline Plus, a Merial product.
Frontline Plus for Dogs is a monthly topical flea and tick medicine and is one of the least toxic of all the tick and flea medications. It gives amazing results and starts killing fleas and ticks within an hour of application. It also destroys the flea eggs and prevents recurrence of fleas for one complete month.
How to Use Frontline Plus for Dogs
Frontline Plus is very easy to use. Simply apply the medicine between your dog's shoulder blades and it spreads out on its own. The new thing about this medicine is that it seeps into the oil glands and continually kill fleas, ticks, lice and other biting insects at all stages of their development – from eggs to larvae to adult.
Each application of Frontline Plus will last for 30 days. Another huge benefit of using Frontline Plus for Dogs is that this medicine is waterproof- meaning your dog can continue bathing, grooming and even swimming without worrying about the medicine being washed off.
There are four different types of this medication as per your dog's weight. Be sure to buy the right dose of Frontline Plus for dogs to ensure that your dog gets complete flea and tick relief all year long.